Tuesday 28 April 2020

It's Going to be Quiet for a Bit

I have developed epicondylitis, known as golfer's elbow - it's like tennis elbow, but on the other side of the arm. Unfortunately, it's my right, working arm. It's been going on for six weeks or so, but I thought I had overdone it with my knitting earlier this year - a repetitive strain injury, so I stopped knitting.

So I'm being good and icing it and doing exercises, and not doing much of anything else, at least for a day or two. Then we'll re-evaluate and see if I can go back to working in small doses. I am very bored, and may start cleaning....

I'll see if I can get some shop work done by the Carpenter-in-Chief so that I can get on with some of my other projects when the arm is not giving me grief. And there are flowerbeds begging to have their mulch removed, my least favourite job of the spring, but it would be something to pass the time!

Stay well.

6 comments:

  1. Argh...that stinks! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the flare up in your elbow but hopefully a few days rest will put it right as rain again.
    But I hear you regarding the mulch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear what a pain (pardon the punt). I hope your elbow gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes. I too hope to be ready to work again very qyuickly.

      Delete
  4. Chiming in with my wishes for a speedy recovery, too! These old bodies just won't do all we want them to like they used to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jodi, some days I feel like I'm thirty, others I feel like I'm ninety! Hopefully the former will outlast the latter, but if I can stay aware and capable, I'd like to hit the latter!

      Delete