Saturday 11 April 2020

More Stuff to Work On, and a Snowstorm



We had quite a bad snowstorm overnight Friday, which kind of threw us for a loop for a while. Today the weather presented us with sleet and some hail, before melting down to some light rain. It seems Spring is still far away.

I played in my scrap pile yesterday, and that resulted in the white garden shelf, garden carry-all and the bittersweet wreath.



This made me think that I should perhaps create some warmer weather ideas, so with that in mind, I will try a few flowers in the next few days. This would be a good time to place the trellis in a tub, and begin to grow some flowers on it. An ornate flower pot is getting a couple of coats of paint, and I will plant some lavender in that. And then there are all the ideas I've sketched in my notepad; I will keep busy during our enforced stay at home for a while yet.

The book nook project is waiting on me figuring out how to do the mirror angle; my last physics class was more than half a century ago! I am thinking about it, though. It is unlikely the Moncton Miniature and Doll Show will happen May 1, so this may be a good opportunity for me to try some garden-oriented things, quick and engrossing.They will keep until the next show opportunity, and the backdrop I've been using could be useful in more ways than one, so that's another project to work on.

Stay well, everyone! and Happy Easter.

4 comments:

  1. Your miniature warm weather ideas in light of a late Spring and an extended stay indoors, sound like a good plan to me! "Growing" miniature flowers whilst awaiting the Real Life ones, are a reasonable substitute and will definitely help pass the time productively so
    Keep on mini-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just woke up to a snow fall and winds. Not the Easter I was hoping for but then life is a bit turned upside down at the moment! Happy Easter!!

    Chy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just springing with wonderful ideas! By the time the show happens you will have an amazing variety of wonderful things to choose from! Happy Easter and I hope that soon the snow and cold will be a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is shining, the snow is, more or less, melting, so all is good! Keep well, everyone, and Happy Easter. I am sure it will be one we will all remember....

      Delete