Thursday 23 April 2020

I Keep Finding Stuff to Add



The planting bench has been painted, and needs to be aged. There are a great many flowerpots, not all of them aged as yet. The three plinths have their base coats, now they need definition. And I found yet another cool flower pot to paint, as well as a second small urn. A grouping of New Guinea Impatiens - the orange flowers - are ready to be planted. But my eyes are sore, so the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

What has become plain to me, today, is that I need to tidy up my supplies yet again; there are several places with assorted baskets, more with planters and urns, and I still haven't found my paddle wire. Who knew I had more than half a dozen watering cans? Or assorted gardening tools, including a very nice set of gardening shears. And not to mention, seed packets, signs, tubs and barrels. I think I might be a miniatures hoarder....

5 comments:

  1. I think that making this potting scene using some of your plant creations as well as the pots, plinths and gardening tools you have on hand, will provide a Very good way to display them! And I do believe that MINI HOARDING could be said to be true for the majority of us! ;D

    elizabeth
    and I see that you still have snow where you are! Here in Vancouver, the grass is green and the spring flowers are in bloom! Some rain but lots of blue sky and sunshine - The air smells sweet and the bees are on the prowl, but it sure was a long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is mostly melted; my worktable is on the north side of the house, and the building is two stories here, so it takes a long time for all the snow to melt. Yesterday and today we had snow and hail - winter is not quite over!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Elizabeth on this. I know very few miniaturists who don't hoard supplies and items. You never know what you'll need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress and I think to work in miniatures one must be a hoarder. It's a requirement! We must have many things at our disposal the moment a creative idea hits us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, that gives me the excuse I need? Thanks! On to making more flowers, now.

    ReplyDelete