Sunday 5 April 2020

A Short Interlude



As I was trawling though the internet yesterday, I came across a tutorial - via Jicolin to Mamiblue - for a money plant (lunaria).  The supplies I needed were all at hand, so I tried it.

I am not altogether happy with it, as the money plant I have next to the television is much more golden beige in colour. But I persevered, and it is pretty good. Do click on it for more detail.

The tutorial suggest the glassine windows of business envelopes, or baking parchment; I had the latter. I used a brown felt-tip pen to (attempt to!) go around the edges of each seed head, and then added a few tiny strokes with a brown fine-tip pen. The little tip of the plant is brown sewing thread, the stem beige basting cotton which I painted to match the wire plant stems.

The challenge for me in this was the tiny size; vase and all, this bunch of flowers measures 1.5" or approx. 3.5 cm in height. The seed heads were cut from a small, 4-petal blossom. And I used a mix of tacky glue and superglue gel to attach the thread stems to the main stem. I managed not to stick any of the bits to my fingers!

Somewhere I have a tutorial for assorted winter berry plants....

This was a short interlude, now I have to go back to panels for the Book Nook insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment