Saturday 18 April 2020

It's Been a Week

Still working away on minis, although there have been a number of "days off". Yesterday our daughter finally got away and home again; her ticket to fly went through 3 different dates before the flight became a reality. She said there were perhaps 40 passengers in the 737 jet that flew her from Toronto to Calgary....

The Carpenter-in-Chief had a decidedly low-key birthday, as we couldn't get out to purchase him any birthday gifts, nor could we go to a restaurant for a celebratory dinner; however, I managed to bake a brownie birthday cake, which is more than half gone already, and we will go out for dinner - likely by means of take-away - when he decides what he would like to eat.

The backdrop I've been using for the last few photos is being fitted out as a display for my sales items once the shows begin again, probably not until next year here! I can't quite finish it, as I need plexiglass and I am not sure the glass stores are open. The plexi is intended to slide out to allow me to insert various backdrops, depending on what I feature for a particular show. That way I can temporarily attach items to the "wall" using self-adhesive dots without damaging the wall finish. I hope to find some anti-glare plexi once I am able to go out again. However, I can paint the basic wall and the signage, as well as install a tile floor. The tile should work for both inside and outside flooring, but I have to make it quite flat so that tiny light-weight miniatures won't "float" above it. Still deciding whether to use air-dry clay or paper or wood for that.

Keep well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment