Sunday 26 April 2020

Again Two in One Day



The morning glories are planted in the French planter; they need "dirt" and some under-planting, but that will be for another day. Do enlarge this picture by clicking on it, the tiny dark thing in front of the morning glories is the coral bead plant I found in the magazine mentioned in the previous post. It's in a tiny cobalt blue ceramic horn of plenty pot.

The morning glories are 1/4" (6 mm) circles, each with a magenta centre and a white, acrylic ink star in them. There are 25 or so of them on the plant; I didn't count the leaves, just filled things in until I liked the look of things. The flowers have calyxes, i.e. each one is set on a twisted piece of wire dipped in white paint. I think I am crazy, but I may add some jewelry wire tendrils and some buds.

The coral bead plant is made with a small clump of model railroad foliage, with some mixed foliage scatter over top, while the tiny beads are HO gauge(?) oranges. I found the best way to attach those was to dip the tip of a toothpick in glue, pick up an orange ball, then sort of smear that in place on the foliage clump. Not very elegant, but it worked!

3 comments:

  1. I love this so far. The colors are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your morning glories are GLORIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day you are adding more and more beautiful accessories and details! It must be so fulfilling to watch your display grow!

    ReplyDelete