Sunday 19 April 2020

Display on the Way



A few months ago, I picked up a new (old) package of self-adhesive, chipboard letters. Although I suspect the adhesive is probably no longer viable, I will use the letters to identify my display vignette for shows. The other items are also on the way; the little gray thing will become an autumn wall-hung
floral display, and the item in the clamps is the French-style planter for the trellis in the background. At the moment, the letters spell out, Boutique Pulchinella....



I am really pleased with the way the display itself is going. The upper portion for the signage is ready for the lettering. I deliberately aged it, as I wanted it to look old. The cheap paint I used - white over gray - is starting to skin over a bit, but I let some of those pieces remain, as they look like the sign has been repainted many times in its existence. If you enlarge the photo the detail will be more obvious.

The molding below that will be part of the retainer for the removable backdrops. The piece of trim at the base will become the bottom track for that. I can't really work on it any more until I know the thickness of the plexiglass I'll need, bit I can do the tiling. A bunch of lavender is in progress for the gray pot on the post; the post itself is being auditioned for a short pillar fragment, although I think I'll likely go with a square one. Pillars are fairly easy to cobble together from left-overs of wood; yes, I am still playing in my scrap pile! Although, I do have that partial baggie of round woodsies, they might work nicely for a round pillar. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment