Monday 4 May 2020

This May Look Boring, But....

Today marked the arrival of a very early birthday present. Right now, it is just a bunch of cut wooden pieces, like the other two parts of this post, but I am tickled pink! Marilyn D. found enough pre-cut pieces of the project that eventually became my flower shop, Floriana, and had enough off-cuts left that I have all the components to make another version of this project. Thank you, Marilyn! Swirling around in my brain right now is a tiny French bistro, to complement Floriana while at the same time being its own project.



As a group, we were going to make market stalls this Spring, but the pandemic means we can't get together for the near future. Another project's components Marilyn dropped off are the pieces for the covered market stall. Mine has long been intended to become a Christmas market stall, and I hope we can work on this together via the internet.



From such humble beginnings, etc.! I also have two other things ready to work on, as long as the isolation continues, once my arm is healed. One is another small display I hope to use for shows, made from an off-cut of MDF and a commercially made wooden base.



That's how Boutique Pulchinella started, and it will be interesting to see what this piece ends up as. As well, in the Carpenter-in-Chief's workshop, are the components for my wooden shoe factory room box. What this means is, that even if the stay at home edict continues, I will have things to keep me busy. This is a good thing! Also, I found the container with my electrical components, mostly LED lighting, so hopefully I can finish the build of  the candy shop once we have the false roof made to hide the lighting battery pack.

The snow is gone, as you can see through the patio door.  I am doing strengthening exercises for my arm along with stretches with weights. Now I am off, briefly, to the $ store to pick up paint, glue and wire, allowing me to continue once my arm says go for it. We have been very lucky here in our small province; no new Covid cases for more than 2 weeks, all 118 diagnosed cases are well again and home, and not one death has been attributable to Covid here, despite the aging population in New Brunswick. We are, however, still being very careful to stay well here, keeping our social distances and lining up outside shops until it's our turn. I hope you are well too.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee for new ideas and for friends who drop off materials to help us make them come to life! And great job getting that arm strengthened up! You're going to need it back real soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you've got more materials. And I'm glad you're starting therapy for your elbow so you can get back to mini-ing.

    ReplyDelete