Sunday 24 May 2020

I'm Potty! (In the British Sense!)



Potted up the flowers today that I made in the course of the week. In the process, I caught the side of my finger in the spring mechanism of one of my plier-type punches; I didn't scream, didn't cry, just recaptured control, squeezed the handles, and freed my finger. Lots of blood, unfortunately! And the injury is very near the joint, so the bandage is interfering with my freedom of movement. The white and yellow marguerites were made with centres of model railroad flower stuff that has to predate Flower Soft. I do like the effect, which is easily visible if you click to enlarge the picture.



The dark red mums are an interesting jolt of colour; now I want to make some orange-bronze ones. But it will have to wait, as I am very consistently clumsy today. I am blaming this on the bandage.

6 comments:

  1. Preciosas plantas!! Lamento mucho tu accidente,espero que pronto cicatrice,ánimo!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH!
    Sounds like it was a very painful accident to your poor finger and I can't imagine how you've managed to finish your fiddley flowers with such a bulky bandage getting in the way and yet you have- BRAVO!
    You've made 3 Very Lovely and realistic looking pots of healthy mums and margarites, despite a major battle wound-
    Most Impressive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yikes! I hope it heals quickly. I love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for the kind comments on the flowers. I am trying golden-brown mums today, as the cut is now covered by a bandaid, and I can use my finger better!

      Delete
  4. eewwww be careful dear, you dont want to injure youself during these crazy times. the flowers look lovely I just make greenary to fill up space for the 1/6 scale dolls that Ive collected but I really want to make some pretty flowers like yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the scrapbooing punches for decent flower designs, and talk to your local office supply/printer shop to see if they will sell you some coloured computer paper. Then all you need is paint, paper,wire, glue and scissors.There are lots of tutorials out there, for 1/6 just make everything larger!

      Delete