Tuesday 31 March 2020

The Hinges Are Giving Me Trouble!



So I did make a lock-plate for the gate, and I painted and embellished it. However, the hinges I just tried - which took lots of time for glue etc. to dry - are now too short. The previous ones were too long. So tomorrow I'll try again, and hopefully I'll find the happy medium. (Or else I'll re-design that aspect of the gate system.)The barred gate has a wooden frame, but the other one is cardboard over foamboard. It is now black, the base colour that will later be sponge- and dry-painted to look like stone - hopefully.

Real Life has reared its head the last five days, and I really had hoped I could finally finish these two pieces. Patience is a virtue which I seem to lack....

I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up at 2:30 a.m. and worked on these two pieces until 5:30 a.m. I also did some concept drawings for the torches I hope to use. My daughter and I did get out for a walk this morning, while the sun was shining brightly. The gravel of the driveway is visible again, but there is still a lot of snow to melt. As we are out in the country, with few if any other pedestrians, we were safe, and we were keeping a safe distance from each other, despite the fact that we've been living in the same house for 3 weeks. The only unsafe thing was a motorist who decided, that since there was no traffic, he could do 90 km in a residential zone posted at 50 km. I wish we still had traffic police!

No comments:

Post a Comment