Saturday 14 March 2020

Today's Finished Objects (Yes!)



A mahogany bench kit, now glued up, and just awaiting its varnish coat, is another CMHH kit, made by Debbie P. from her mahogany kitchen cupboards. When they renovated their very old Nova Scotia house kitchen, she cut the original mahogany cupboards down to miniature lumber. The previously shown laundry tub and other vintage laundry paraphernalia is mahogany from that renovation as well, as is a small bookcase I still have to put together - I remembered overnight that I had a similar book case in one of my vignettes, so I dug that out to try and use it for measurements.

On the bench is a laser-cut cat treat kit, complete with a baggie of cat-shaped snacks (which I have to paint cat-treat brown), also put together. The box I will use a varnish on, as I like the laser work on it. It was made by Grandpa's Dollhouse in Ontario, and was a CMHH gift; I have another one of these to make up too.

The bench, with the addition of a cushion, can work in my Tudor Apothecary shop, a place for the rich, favoured customers to sit while awaiting their medicaments. The cat treat boxes will go into the second steam punk project (another UFO), and my older daughter's dollhouse, which was left, according to her, by an old lady to her cats. That house has been exhibited at children's libraries, with a challenge to count all the cats in it....

I have still, on purpose, not photographed all the embroidery kits I have to finish up. Hope my old eyes hold out for that!

4 comments:

  1. Counting cats! I love it! Keep up the great progress and 2020 will be the year for an empty To-Do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more than 20 cats and kittens in that house, as well as any number of cat-related clutter, like cat books, cat baskets, cat trees, cat food dishes, etc. That house itself is a 45-yr old Sears slot and tab house. Fun to still use it!

      Delete
  2. Is it really 45 years old? I was 5 or maybe 7 when I got it, and I'm just turning 45 this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it is about 40 years old! I think you got it for Christmas when you were 4 years old.I think the kit had been around, but you got it when we thought you were ready for it....My bad!

      Delete