Tuesday 17 March 2020

Tuesday



The trunk was mostly done, I finished it yesterday afternoon - well, I have more ideas for it - after going to what is likely to be the last knitting group for a while. I want to line the inside of the trunk with appropriate paper, with an illustration inside the lid, and give it a removable tray. That way, I can exhibit it open and "full" of stuff in my attic vignette. I also need to add some worn travel stickers to it. Although they are not needed as the straps act as hinges, I'd also like to add brass hinges. The trunk is from a kilnworks.weebly.com kit that was taught at my house when we still had a big mini group.

The plant stand is another kit from CMHH. The construction is all butt-glued joints, so to strengthen the plant holders, I added bits of sewing pins to strengthen the thing. The base is still giving me problems, though, and I may have to add a square base to the centre with appropriate little feet at the ends of the pedestal base.

We are housebound like so many around the world, a good opportunity to finish some stuff. My younger daughter is sort of stuck here for the foreseeable future, and sadly for her, her husband's visit here was cancelled. She is waiting for some commissioned costume work pieces to arrive here so she can work on them. The event for which they were commissioned is end April, so hopefully things will be mostly back to normal, and the event will go on. I have a - hoped-for - miniature show the beginning of May, which started all this finishing up of my mini kits.

5 comments:

  1. Your housebound time is being well spent as these two newest projects are Lovely!
    I especially like the looks of the trunk and think that the addition embellishments which you're considering are just the ticket, since you plan on having it displayed opened in your attic: A project within a project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, the designer JoAnn S. is very good at what she does. The kit went together easily, just got put aside as other things needed doing. There is a photo of the group of us working on the trunks somewhere on this blog....

      Delete
  2. I really love the trunk. The straps are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are staying healthy and busy and are able to share this historic world event with your daughter, though I am sure she misses her husband very much! By the time the show is allowed to go on, you will have an amazing assortment of wonderful mini pieces to make the customers salivate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am making some more things now, but I must admit I am aching to try something new. But, I will persevere!

      Delete