Monday 9 March 2020

Another Week, Some More Work

While still trying to do catch-up on all my UFO's, Real Life took some time this past week; this means that I don't have a lot finished yet, but I did start finishing things.



This is a very tiny sewing basket from a kit; there are three more rings of wood to go on top of these, then I have to tie on the cover. The kit is lovely, but I can't remember where the heck I got it! There are very basic instructions with it, but no maker. I think perhaps I picked it up in England several years ago.



The table legs are assembled, now I have to place them. I hope to use this piece in the Tudor Apothecary Shop, so I should really make a slatted shelf below this, big enough to put some carboys -
large bottles in straw baskets. They could hold all sorts of mysterious potions....



Done! Another old kit, an antique wash tub with soap shelf, laundry forks, and stocking stretchers. For now, these will go into my scullery/laundry room, if I can find space for them. This kit came from Camp MiniHaHa some years ago. I am still attempting to figure out how to make the washboard without the suggested  window framing; I think a wood sandwich should work. There is also a wash dolly, which requires drilling half a dozen holes at an angle, plus a central hole for the handle, in a very, very tiny wooden disc. I am working up to it. The instructions are in an old Nutshell News magazine.



And finally, the bottom of the wall shelf is ready to go, and the new cupboard unit that replaces the bottle holder and narrower unit is ready for gluing. I hope to have this Camp MiniHaHa project 2019 assembled and partially furnished for the beginning of May, the Moncton Miniature and Doll Show. It doesn't have to be finished, but it should give a good idea of the finished project.

I think the counter top will have to be faux marble; the back will likely get Delft tiles; and the floor should get a strip of encaustic tile. On the gluing jig right now, besides the little sewing basket, is an octagonal side table. I am gluing and then sanding the rim pieces, one at a time. A bookshelf awaits my attention....

5 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds like a lot of progress and I had to giggle when you said you were working up to drilling the holes! I have to work up my courage on the challenging tasks, too. Mostly, I just have to decide they are not going to intimidate me any longer and be resolved to do it until I get it right! Good luck and I hope it turns out to be fun and easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is also a wicker pet bed to put together, but the designer left it to me to make the holes. Yikes! That said, I do love my pin vise, couldn't live without it.

      Delete
  2. Oh My but you HAVE been busy! I'm really loving the look of the cupboard in progress and the delft tiles, that you have planned for it sound REALLY LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Marijke - trying to finish my kitchen in a cupboard before the Moncton show.Regardless of covid-19, I think we should be safe for the beginning of May. Now, the Montreal show - - I'm getting a little worried about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get back with Ex... ❤️


    Fix broken relationship/marriage..........


    His result is 100% guaranteed.


    Try him and he won't fail you.


    (R.buckler11)gmail..............com,,


    United States..

    ReplyDelete