Wednesday 11 March 2020

Finished Some More Stuff



The octagonal table is done, ready to stain and/or paint. The kitchen box (to become a candy shop) is glued back up in box form. The Hallowe'en decoration is done. And a half dozen tiny drinks coasters (click on photo to enlarge!) made from an Art of Minis kit from Europe, is also done.

I am leaving my clamps on the box overnight, to make sure everything sticks. Also, if it doesn't, I don't want to know until tomorrow, as I need a decent night's sleep.

Now I am going to sand the pieces of the book-shelf, and hopefully that will come together tomorrow. We woke up to serious ice everywhere this morning, it was so bad that the garbage truck slid down our hill, and they decided to pack it in and wait until the sanding crews had a chance to grit the roads. It was the very loud sound of a garbage truck - you know, the kind that compacts your garbage as it picks it up - sliding down the road that woke me up this morning....

4 comments:

  1. ive gone sliding a few times in Richs truck when I forget to flip it over to 4 wheel drive. I hate ice. stay safe and warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is better; still quite cold, but at least the roads are clear. I know winter is coming to an end, but it seems to take so long....

    ReplyDelete
  3. EI YA!!!! A garbage truck out of control-Very Scary!!!
    Here on the west coast, the wind is bitter in the mornings and COLD in the afternoons yet sunny.
    I heard from a neighbour, that the forecast here is for more snow tomorrow, I hope not but who knows?
    Glad that to see that you're making progress on all of your little projects, as I know how good it feels to get things done!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Halloween decoration. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete