Tuesday 24 March 2020

Contemplating a Colour Scheme



I have done a (very) little more on my CMHH '19 project, intended to become a market candy shop. The tiles at the front are in place; I wanted something that looked like encaustic tiles, and this strip has been in my stash for years. It is a decorative element from a no-name brand of facial tissues. The colours include caramel brown and dark green, which is what I will use to finish this project with.

A lot of mistakes were made by me in putting this together; when the project imploded, I lost track of what I had intended. and made some changes that were not great. So I took courage and carefully pried off some sticks I had glued across the top of the box. (I thought the doors were supposed to go into the box, rather than sit on the base!). I am now trying out colours for the interior. The sub-roof is held in place by friction right now, as are the shelves. The wall is bristol board on which I will place my "Delft tiles".

The intention at this point is to have a plain marble counter top; jars of candy will sit on it. The back-splash - for lack of a better description - will likely be the Delft blue tile the box is currently sitting on. However, I think I need to paint the area behind the shelves white, and just have the narrow strip below the strip tiled. I need to think about this! The jars of candy should provide most of the colour, I feel.

My thought is to put a tiny trim strip below the tile level, paint it the same colour as the woodwork, and call that part done. Then I need to make a false ceiling, from which I will place some LED lighting; the cavity of the false ceiling would then hide the batteries and wires.

This past weekend was kind of a loss, work-wise, as I was trying to get in touch with my (very small) family to see how everyone was doing. Up to now, they are well, although I am very worried about an aunt who is in her late 80's, and lives on her own. We are staying in touch by phone.

Stay safe and well, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment