Monday 1 June 2020

Weekend Results



This weekend, I made another item just from a photo; I made a quick sketch of something that caught my attention, and decided to go for it. It is another mostly craft sticks project, with the exception of a couple of pieces of wider flat wood from the scrap pile for the bottom shelf and drawer of the display.



It is unpainted as yet, as I am not sure where it will go. As you can see, the drawer works, the whole thing stands up, but I wouldn't want to drop it as it is all glued butt joints. My first thought was another item for Boutique Pulchinella, a display for garden items like gloves, pots, seed packets, vases, and the like, but there may be another purpose for it too.

Now I am going to try to make an antique Dutch wall cupboard; shabby chic in Dutch - as well as in a number of other European languages - is "brocante" and I intend to age and paint this item to fit that adjective. It has two drawers, a good test of my ability to, perhaps, cut straight lines!

9 comments:

  1. I love all of your gardening accessories, Marijke. I'd like to have them in real life! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing little plant stand and all from your ingenuity, imagination and a few craft sticks! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I'm trying some more craft stick ideas, but cutting tiny pieces out of pretty cheap wood is a chore! Rather a lot of waste, especially the narrow stir sticks. However, I will persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute! Ladder shelves are a big style item and I love the little drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little display stand. It looks lovely with the display of garden things. Do you need to paint it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to paint it with diluted gray chalk paint, or perhaps in a modern light red , but I am still dithering! Do I keep it for myself or give it away? It's just popsicle sticks....

      Delete
  6. Muy bonito y práctico !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get back with Ex... ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


    Fix broken relationship/marriage..........


    His result is 100% guaranteed.


    Try him and he won't fail you.


    (R.buckler11)gmail........com,,


    United States..

    ReplyDelete