Friday 12 June 2020

Old-Fashioned Kitchen No. 6



I had cut the pieces for this on Thursday, and assembled the drawers - well, no knobs, I have to buy some! I left this one to the last as I had to free-hand the shapes of the sides of the drawer shelf, and to estimate where all the various pieces fit together. As mentioned before, the full-scale diagrams do not print out at the proper scale, they are much larger. And I still worry about drawers; these went through a lot of sanding to fit properly! But this drawer/shelf unit was put together during our Friday mini session on-line. The other pieces all have their base coat of stain, this one will get done this evening.

Now I have to make the final decision re colour of this six-piece, old-fashioned kitchen set. My heart is still set on leaf green, but it is not an easy colour for most interiors!

I have also begun a vintage toaster, and a vintage kitchen scale. For the latter, I need to find a printie of a kitchen scale dial, if anyone has any good ideas in that area! Lots of clock faces, but no scale dials were to be found. The lure of the internet is great, but I can only give it so much time....

8 comments:

  1. Color choices are always troublesome for me, too! But here is an old fashioned scale face that I used in the Autumn's Pantry build. It's not quite straight on, but with a little cropping should work.

    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AZK0tkcs91I/XuTvFUxquoI/AAAAAAAAMio/tPjwjVWDw1siLXHqnz7tuNGwoO-QB70pwCK4BGAsYHg/s981/scale%2Bdial.png

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi, I'll get some help to get there (I am not much good on the computer, sadly!).

      Delete
    2. Just highlight the entire address and right click the mouse. A menu will appear and you select Copy. Then paste the address into the address bar of your browser. Do this by right clicking to bring up the menu. This time choose Paste. If that doesn't work for you I can email the image to you.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Jodi for another thing learned! It is a very good colour for my setting!

      Delete
  2. i want to see the vintage toaster, ive always wanted to make one of those are you going to make a vintage coffee press too?

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toaster is from, I believe, a German tutorial; the original was mat board, but I am trying wood. My vintage cupboard will not have a coffee press, but it may have a hand-cranked coffee grinder....

      Delete
  3. I'm terrible with color choices. I always end up with blue for some reason! But everything you make always looks so wonderful to me, I have every confidence in you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila! I think I'm going green, with a bit of crackle, and then some nice antiquing gel on top of that. Combined with yellow, cream and natural wood, it should look really nice.

      Delete