Monday 16 September 2019

This Is My 400th Post!

This is my 400th blog entry, since I began this blog some years ago. To celebrate, today is a double offering of flowers, a pair of identical arrangements.



I have another version of this in my Floriana flower shop, and like it a lot, so I thought I would try a couple for sale. The dishes are from my stash - I've decided I will never use all the miniature pottery I collected over the years, there is not enough room in the flower shop for them all, so share the wealth! In the process, I found another way to make daffodils, and it is much less labour intensive. I am not completely satisfied, but will continue to work on refining the technique.

The flowers are paper, the bunny is cardboard, the bird house is wood and card, while the little eggs are Fimo. This is, of course, an Easter arrangement, and the bunny has left the eggs for the birds and is heading off to get more eggs for other birds (or something!)

The base for this photo is an old treenware tobacco pot, that belonged to my late father. I love the worn look of this, but these days it contains potpourri and lives on an antique marble-topped washstand in my bathroom. The floral shop lives next to it, so I see both every time I make use of the, uh, convenience. Dad used to collect stamps, and when he quit smoking in the sixties, the tobacco pot  became a place to keep cancelled postage stamps for his collection or for charitable donations, so I'm just continuing the re-purposing.

The white wall in the bathroom and the white marble top make a good backdrop for photos; that's where most of them are being taken these days. The dark wooden thing with the yellow and blue enamel piece on top is another piece that used to be my father's, which I use to keep ear buds in on my bathroom counter. Very useful for mini photograph, and handy with good light, too!

4 comments: