Tuesday 24 September 2019

One Cloud Pine in Miniature



It turned out better than I expected; my only problem is that using matte varnish over scenic cement has resulted in a somewhat shiny trunk. The depth of the foliage is quite good, with a little scatter of several lighter shades just over the top to give some lightness. The evergreen foliage is actually quite dark. Hopefully I can figure out a way to dull that shine permanently.

Now I am off to Camp MiniHaHa followed by a short family, visit until next week.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your visit! Maybe some modge podge or watered down Elmers glue brushed carefully over the trunk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the modpodge in the cement (home recipe via the model railroad community that is responsible for the shine - some kind of chemical reaction. I WILL fix it!

    ReplyDelete