Tuesday 17 September 2019

Is It Because Winter Is Coming?

It seems I am a little obsessed with florals right now; perhaps it is something to do with the gloomy, dark weather today, and the fact that the trees, sigh, are starting to go orange, bronze and red. Here are a couple more floral offerings:



I had to include those interesting shelf fungi peering out of the crack in the retaining wall! This is an "antique" salt box, planted with old-fashioned, pastel violas. I quite like the way this little arrangement turned out.



And here is a larger arrangement, an old crate planted with a variety of spring flowers and greenery. I still haven't found my miniature ladybugs, and would really like to put one on the leaf at the front.

To close for today, below is a photo of a genuine Tudor house interior; those of you who have been with me for a few years are aware of my joy in late Tudor-era buildings. This is the Yeoman's House Interior from the Weald and Downlands Museum in Kent (or is it Sussex?) in the UK. I find this such a lovely contrast to the wealthier Tudor interiors one usually sees in miniature. The wall hanging is painted on canvas:



In the middle of the floor is the fire, complete with the clay damper. No chimneys at this time, the smoke found its way out through the rush roof. And I love the triangular stool at the table, as well as that triangular chair in the left foreground. Furniture was sparse...

I have more interesting interior photos, and will occasionally include them, as Food for Thought, and also as inspiration for myself, as I need to furnish the Tudor Apothecary and Workshop.

Nine days to Camp MiniHaHa! I wonder how many more florals I will turn out to try and keep winter at bay a little longer.








2 comments:

  1. The flowers are the perfect foil for a semi gloomy autumn day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Las flores son siempre bienvenidas y alegran las estancias!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete