Wednesday 11 September 2019

It Wasn't Meant to be Half Scale!



So I saw this rather neat bird-house tower in an old issue of DHMS magazine, and decided to try it. No scale was mentioned, so I assumed it was 1/12th. The post it sits on may have been that scale, but the bird houses were definitely way too small, they would have measured about 4 inches (10 cm) to a side. As I had started it, I decided it might as well be finished.

So here it is, two days of work which I will add to my shop stock, as I do NOT intend to switch scales at this point!

5 comments:

  1. Hmm... a lot of the lanterns I make are half scale. I'll have to give this a try. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, someone with a half scale setting will like it and buy it!
    DHMS Nov. 2015, Issue 258 has photos and sort of instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are half-scalers out there who will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could probably figure out 1:12 scale mathematically from the plans, if you still want to have one for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made a twelfth scale post and base, and will try to make some bird houses in better scale.I need some wood, now, and hope to pick it up at camp next week....

    ReplyDelete