Tuesday 6 January 2015

Japanese Vignette Lack of Progress Report....

....although I am still working on it. The MDF for the two faux house walls decided to warp; I don't know if it was because of the iron-on veneer, but assume that may have been it. Today I sealed the raw side of the MDF and put on a coat of acrylic paint, once the seal coat was dry. However, the paint is taking forever to dry, under the weight of three large Art History books for each piece, which means I should probably leave it overnight to dry completely.

The warp showed up when I laid the door posts next to the walls; in the centre of each wall, the door post was even with the wall tops. It was supposed to stick out beyond the walls. Overnight I will move the painted walls and their weights to just in front of our fridge; warm air blows out under it and that may help speed the drying process. Because of the warp, I didn't want to take the chance of using a heat gun or blow dryer to speed the drying process.

The floor has to go in before I can place the walls; those walls have to go in before I can measure for the transom window. I really don't like waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment