Saturday 3 October 2020

This Week's Project

 

The one time I visited the Kensington Dolls' House Festival, I came home with a lot of bits and pieces and a number of kits; this is one of them, a church kneeler kit from HiJinx in the UK. I really like the way it turned out; it will go into one of my Tudor settings, once I sew it up into a cushion.

The kit was a delight to work; it came with everything, and I have lots of thread left over. I wondered why the amount of thread had been so generous, as kits usually have just enough to work a design plus a bit extra for people who don't like to work with small ends of thread (or who make a lot of mistakes, have to pull the work back, discard that thread, and continue!) If you click on the photo, you can see that the sides of the kneeler have a pattern of crosses, while there are diamond-shaped shapes, flanked by crosses, in the four corners on the top.

While packing the kit to take this photo, I found out I should have worked the design in cross-stitch; I worked it in half cross stitch needlepoint.

Lesson: Even if you think it is half cross stitch, read all the instructions before starting! 

Fortunately, the pattern worked even in half cross stitch.....

 

1 comment: