Thursday 8 October 2020

This Week's Mini Creation


When I looked at the date of this project, I gasped; it was published in the January 1998 Nutshell News/Dollhouse Miniatures, to which I subscribed at the time, and I had wanted to do it since first seeing it. It took me 22 years!

The lattice planter is a David Krupick tutorial. As I was using what I had in my scrap pile, the wood doesn't exactly match (witness the gap in the top of the diamond!), so rather than varnish it and leaving it natural wood, I'll stain and paint it, then add some age.

The leaves are printies that came with the article back then, which I will make up and plant in the planter. As yet, there is no specific place for this piece, so we'll have to see if I keep it or sell it.

 

4 comments:

  1. Looks very easy to make and very lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty. I love aged pieces, they always look more real to me than pristine and new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, twenty two years is nothing! How time flies but just think of all the experience you got while waiting to do this project, it would most likely not have turned out as well all those years ago. I love the planter and the leaves. In time, you will no doubt find the perfect spot for it, but don't wait too long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fix broken relationship/marriage..........


    Get back with Ex in 24 hours...


    His result is 100% guaranteed.


    Try him and he won't fail you.


    Robinsonbukler11@gmail com,,


    United States..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete