Sunday 12 July 2020

More Potted Foliage Plants



There is still at least one more pair of begonia plants to make up and pot. I hope I have enough pots! The light green plants are the first of the prayer plant (maranta) family; there are at least another dozen to go.

While the green-leaf plants look good in terra cotta pots, I planted the red ones in white pots, as there would otherwise be too much red. The remaining begonia pair is pinkish, and I have to decide what sort of pot would look good with them.

As mentioned in the previous post, these plant printies are from 1 zu 12, the German magazine. They are very good quality, and I did have them professionally printed, one of my few outside trips recently. Our scanner is not very good with European A-4 paper, and tends to cut off the edges all around.

To shape these, I first ran a ball stylus around the outside edges of the leaves, on the back. Then I flipped them over, and made a little hook-shaped crease in the centre, as one side of their leaves is smaller than the other; another name for these is elephant-ear begonias, a very good nickname! The wire stems are fine gauge, light or dark green or red, with a 90 degree hook at the top which I use to glue them down on the leaf printie.

Boutique Pulchinella continues to fill up.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, the printies are really good, so all I have to do is put them together.

      Delete
  2. They're just lovely. Your shop is going to have such amazing stock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the variety and am so amazed that these are printed! Great work Marijke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These plants turned out fantastic, Marijke. - They all look so real. You've got a whole greenhouse going here now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! Just another dozen or so to go....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plants look MARVELLOUS- Very Lush and Very well cared for! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the right thing to decorate any room. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The begonias and prayer plants look great. The variety of pots brings them out well. Good luck with filling up the boutique!

    ReplyDelete