Friday 10 July 2020

Begonia Plants



I am making plants. All of the plants I am working on are foliage plants, and this first batch is begonias, all colours of them. The printies came from an issue of 1 zu 12, the German-language miniature magazine. There will, eventually, be two pots of each plant.

I have returned to half days at my volunteer job (museum accessioning), and my co-volunteer gifted me with three terra cotta pots; the green begonia is in one of them. I have never before come across pots in this size; they are in between the wooden ones I use and the terra cotta ones available at places like Michael's (North American hobby shop).

 My collection of white plastic caps will also be used in this project; in my house, most of the smaller plants are in white ceramic pots of many different shapes and sizes. There are four more begonia varities to pot up, and then there are about a dozen maranta varieties; the most common of these is known as a prayer plant. As some of those are quite small, they will go into my tiniest pots.

Toothpaste caps and the like are kind of a cliche in miniatures, but sometimes simple things are more eye-catching - in a good way - than complicated ones. And they're free....

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Begonia Plants! Enjoy your time back in the world and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete