Tuesday 21 July 2020

Books....



Almost 6 dozen of them! I decided that if I'm going to glue my books together in the Books project, then they'll not be some of the special ones I got as gifts over the years. Those will stay separate, and I will cope with them when (if?) the shelves tip over again.

And it occurred to me too that in a bookstore, the same books get grouped together on the shelves; that's what I should probably do with the books that are sort of assembled now. There are some children's books, so perhaps I should put those on a separate shelf.

Tomorrow should be another miniature workshop via Skype, and I intend to work on plants. There are quite a few of them that need shaping, gluing onto stems, and planting. I found two nearly used-up tubes of toothpaste, so that will give me two white flower pots for the red- or pink-leaf plants.

4 comments:

  1. Estupenda colección de libros !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty books! I had to do that with my bookshop too. Make multiples of one cover and put them together on the shelves. All the things you don't really think about until you're ready to start shelving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got stuff ready for this project the year we made it, but didn't quite realize how many books would be needed. I have some really nice ones that will now go into another setting.

      Delete
  3. Nice collection of covers, Marijke. They'll look really nice together once shelved. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete