Thursday 18 October 2012

This scullery roombox grew out of the mangle in the right back corner; two friends and I meet irregularly to "do minis", and one day we did this. It was so  much fun, we kept on going, and a room box got started to hold it all. The sink and copper came from Carol and Nigel Lodder's book. The folding drying rack and the 2-position folding ironing board were my original designs. I especially like the pine settle; it was the first time I did faux painting in miniature, adding light graining and knot holes. Again, air-dry clay was widely used, even for the copper which is hiding under the wooden lid. The floor is water-proofed with exterior matte varnish, and grouted with dry-wall compound. Since this photo was taken, some vintage laundry product boxes were added, including "blueing" which I remember from my childhood.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marijke ( waving) . This looks wonderful , from what I have seen so far you are extraordinarily talented ! Love the roombox, the Tudor house is great, too.

    Those washing-kitchen scenes are always fun to do, don't you think ?

    Cheers,
    Elly

    ReplyDelete