Saturday 13 October 2012


This is my first dollhouse, although I prefer to think of it as a miniature structure. It is The House That Moved, from the Brian Nickoll's book. My house is intended to be middle class; the inhabitants have a shop that sells embroidery. The setting is late Tudor. Just about everything in the house was made by me, including one or two silver pieces. My ideas come from books, magazines in various languages, and once in a while from my own designs based on paintings or photos of historical artifacts. I still have to purchase metal, pottery and glass; I don't know if I will ever learn to do these on my own. 


The stone- and brick-work is made with air-dry clay. The beaten earth floor on the lowest story is drywall compound. There is a little lighting; the fireplaces, and some sconces. This is not complete - in fact, I don't know if it will ever be truly finished, there always seems to be something more to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment