Tuesday 16 March 2021

Trash to Treasure Episode 4


I don't "do" modern interiors, but I am really having a great deal of fun with this mid-century modern loft corner. There! I've told you what I'm trying to create for the T2T challenge.

The little corner table just needs gluing up now; I ran out of superglue but it is being picked up by the C-in-C who is out running errands, so hopefully I can glue it up this evening. The chair has its back in place, although it too needs the superglue treatment. The mirror is fixed to the wall, and the floating shelves are auditioning their burdens. A ceramic bead on the little table is trying out for a lamp base; it likely won't be wired until after the contest is over.

Actually, I need to go over what I have used so far, in order to see if I could, perhaps, electrify the table lamp. I have a black or dark brown plastic stir stick, which would make a perfect post for the lamp. After all, the list didn't say all the stir sticks had to be wood....

The little black box with the white centre is my zen garden; it is a copy of one my daughter gave me. I still have to make a tiny rake for it, though. When the contest is done, I will add a few tiny stones; those aren't listed in our supplies!

In use so far: beads, cotton balls, stir sticks, bottle caps, felt square, toothpicks, paper, cardstock, Q-tips, thumb tacks, toothpaste caps, small mirror, tea dust/leaves, fabric, paper clips, straight pins, paper napkin, pipe cleaners, foil (may be removed!), sandpaper, egg carton, and foam core. Uh oh, I used scrap booking paper for my wallpaper, and I can't see that on the list....

Still to come are a coffee table, photo album, and some other odds and ends, depending on what is left of the supplies, and whether my imagination will figure out what to do with them. The hard thing right now is what to use for the coffee table legs. I think I've used up all my toothpicks!


 

7 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! Can't wait to see your lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marijke! The room is looking fantastic and that chair is marvelous! You would never in a million years guess (if you did not know) that every perfect item and accessory were scraps and potential delegates for the land fill! You are truly capturing the epitome of Trash 2 Treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been so much fun! Thank you both for following along and commenting on the progress. You inspire me!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love how yours is turning out, Marijke. As soon as today's events are over (St. Patrick's Day), I will be back at my T2T as well. We can share our progress when we get together Friday. I'm so looking forward to it. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely marvelous what you managed to create with a few scrap items. Recycling at its best!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Drora, it is a lot of fun, and definitely has my brain humming!

    ReplyDelete