Sunday 14 March 2021

Trash to Treasure Episode 3

 


The floating shelves have been installed, and a footstool has been added. I am currently working on the chair, which is taking time because of glue and paint having to dry. The shelves are made of a core of foam board, covered in card stock to resemble wood; the pieces were all given a light coat of satin varnish, which adds a little shine and deepens the colour a bit.


Another of the items we were allowed to use was a napkin; I used mine, which is three-ply, double to put a little padding on the chair seat and back. This is a stop-and-go operation; I have to wait for the glued areas to dry completely before I can do the other sides. I am not patient enough! The chair is based on layers of foam core, covered in the paper napkin, and then in fabric. The same fabric was used for the cushion on top of the footstool.


All my materials are being kept together, as I don't know what little scraps I might need! I've used up my allotment of felt but still have bits and pieces of the other materials ready to use. I made a couple of accessories today, or rather, started on them, but they aren't finished and ready to show as yet. Perhaps tomorrow....






4 comments:

  1. I had to buy a whole box of jumbo paper clamps today - a lifetime supply unless I do more T2T projects....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and very creative progress! I love the whole vibe you have happening, so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming together much better than I expected? Currently, I am putting some furniture together. The chair legs are on, now I have to do the chair back. A little side table is being made. Then I have to see if I have enough foam core left for a coffee table. After that, it is just decorative items. Fun!

      Delete