Tuesday 23 February 2021

Just a Quick Note

I've been rather quiet lately, and it may continue for a little while yet; we have three family members in hospital, in Europe and in Canada, and in this time of Covid there is, of course, no visiting, so we are having to rely on information from doctors and nurses via the patients' family members. We have been keeping in regular touch with their families for updates, and it sounds like there is good progress.

Today, we woke up to more than a foot of snow (nearly 30 cm); it is very pretty against the bright blue sky, but it is also quite messy. I managed to drive my car into and out of a parking lot that had not yet been cleared of snow, and really worried I wouldn't be able to leave again, but my small car is mightier than I thought, I guess, as I made it back out to the cleared road with only minor slipping.

There has been an urgent demand  locally for hats and socks for the homeless, so minis are temporarily on the back burner, although I hope to get some mini work done tomorrow during our regular Wednesday virtual meeting.

Stay well and stay safe!





7 comments:

  1. Be careful driving! And I hope your family members get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila. Today is supposed to be warm, so some melting should take place. And healing takes time, but I am impatient....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the family is recovering well. It's always more worrisome when you can't be there to assess things in person.
    It was beautiful yesterday morning. wasn't it? I was able to acknowledge the beauty only because I know that in a month's time we will be entering spring so not too long to wait! I'm grateful for the great winter we've had so far. That sound you hear is me knocking on wood! - Marilyn D., New Brunswick, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely of you to answer the call for warm knitted items! Godspeed, and so glad to hear your little car is a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've received several donations of knitting yarns at our little knitting group; I am currently working with milk-chocolate brown accented with bright stripes on the cuff for socks. I suspect there is enough of that colour for a dozen or more socks....

      Delete
  5. I hope that your family members will all rocover well and quickly. And how wonderfull to help knitting warm items for those who are so much less fortunate than us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Huibrecht! Knitting keeps my hands busy and allows me to think about all sorts of things, and that includes miniatures!

      Delete