Thursday 24 January 2019

The Group Project Moves Along....



Yesterday, we managed to work for about two hours on our group project, when we had to dissolve our get-together due to bad weather; it had been snowing, but the snow had turned to freezing rain, and the visibility was not that great. But I did manage to "invent" a rusty tin can, using manila file folder cardboard, a large sewing needle, glue and lots of paint and varnish. An old chequebook donated a corner that with the aid of a leather cover and a bit of gold paint, became a bible.

 I took the bit between my teeth today, as I couldn't go to work because of freezing rain and a driveway full of snow, and roughed up the leather of the bible and the binoculars case. The table got its drawer knob (cut-off quilting pin), old tea stains were left in the bottom of the mug, and the corrugated metal roofing was rusted and aged.

The tin can, mug and corrugated metal all use cardboard; I love this stuff, with several applications of paint and then varnish, it becomes quite sturdy. I'm thinking of some other ways I can use the can experiment, perhaps as a container to start a bunch of seedlings....

Oooh, I think there are tea canister and milk carton printies available on the internet. That will have to wait, though, as this project takes priority. Other projects are jostling for attention, so as my work table is currently quite tidy, perhaps I should make some bits for some of those UFO's littering my storage shelves!

1 comment: