Monday 11 December 2017

Day 11 - The Curtains Are Up



Today saw the table get a tablecloth, and the curtains go up on the window. I really like the colour scheme so far; the fireplace will get white bricks, and of course there are lots of other seasonal touches to go into the project.(Unfortunately, my photo is not quite in focus.) The curtain fabric is a wool-like random stripe in red on green, and handled like a dream; I think it is fabric left over from the country decorating craze. A few years ago I bought a shopping bag of bits and pieces from a quilters' rummage sale. The homespun cushions were made from fabric from the same batch.

Now if I could only find a small, limp doily for the table! I think I'd better hit a couple of second-hand and antique shops in town.

Next up, I need to make a chair, ottoman and rug. That will finish the major furnishings, but there are lots of smaller items to come. I'm thinking of wrapping the outside of the vignette in unbleached muslin fabric; my daughter used bolts of this stuff to make fitting mock-ups for her customers, and some of it comes in nice big chunks. I kind of hope that using the fabric, which is quite sturdy, will reinforce the vignette. And the cream colour should match the  colour scheme.

The vignette is still being held together with masking tape and my brush jar; it's so much easier to work on flat pieces, that I won't glue and pin the walls to the floor and each other until I'm done with the bricks on the fireplace.

I got to spend all day on minis today!

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning from BC,
    You are being so ambitious with this build. I am sure there are a dozen or more things going on at this time of the year that must pull you away from your project.
    I have had the little red house fabric that you made a cushion from. It is very sweet.
    Your poinsettias look wonderful. I imagine people really appreciated seeing you work on them.
    All the best.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfecta combinaciĆ³n de tonos,la escena va cogiendo un gran aspecto!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get back with Ex... ❤️


    Fix broken relationship/marriage..........


    His result is 100% guaranteed.


    Try him and he won't fail you.


    (R.buckler11)gmail com,,


    United States......................

    ReplyDelete