Friday 14 April 2017

I've Got Rocks in my Head....

Today was spent, in its entirety except for a church service this afternoon, making and gluing rocks on the rock garden walls for the Japanese vignette. I am happy with it!


The rocks are a combination of egg carton stones, beach gravel, and wooden cores. Fortunately, the papier mache of the egg carton does lend itself to some bending and shaping when wet with glue. The colours were done with both sponged-on acrylics and chalk powder. The larger gaps between the large rocks were filled in with the gray-brown beach gravel.

Tomorrow, I hope to find the time to add some moss here and there in the narrower chinks between the rocks; I may also have to touch up the wood underneath in a few spots. After that is done, I have to make - and design - the open "bamboo" fencing to bring the garden walls to a proper height, likely around 6 inches (15 cm). Then it's on to the landscaping....

3 comments:

  1. Un comienzo fantástico, feliz fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marijke - I LOVE the entrance gate and how the outside garden wall is shaping up. You're my hero! - Marilyn D., Oromocto, NB, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marijke,
    It looks amazing. well done.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete