Saturday, 14 January 2017
Back to the Japanese Vignette
My back has settled down somewhat, I only need a couple of sessions with the heating pad now. In between, I am once again working on the Japanese vignette.
Today, I added the "stones" on which the step rests, made of Granitex clay which had been sitting around for years. It still works! I used a bit of antiquing gel on it to dirty it up, then laid down a heavy layer of tacky glue and sifted coarse, white sand on it. I can't remember where I got this sand, it was quite mixed, so when I got it I sifted it and got several grades of "sand" and "gravel" to use for minis.
The bamboo hasn't been planted yet, but you can see the bumps in the stems quite nicely in this photo. So far, so good! There is a ways yet to go, however....