Tuesday 6 September 2016

I Cheated!

The thought of cutting nearly 100 tiny rectangles of mat board had me thinking hard at about 2 a.m. last night; the result was a light bulb moment.

This morning I headed off to the dollar store for a sheet of 1/4" foamcore board; you get a huge piece for $1.25 here in Canada. Then I cut a strip off that, tried the book covers, and decided they really, really needed to be backed with recipe-card weight cardboard. That done, it didn't take all that long to score, fold and glue up about 3 dozen or so tiny books, by a couple of my favourite authors, Robin Hobb and George R.R. Martin. The latter may not remain a favourite if he doesn't darn well finish the Game of Thrones series!

Tidbits and Exchange Gifts for Camp MiniHaHa 2016 now being finished, it's on to trying to dress 4 lady dolls for the Tudor market, in time for Leisure Expo at CFB Gagetown this coming Saturday. That will be followed, hopefully, by a decent lamp post for last year's book vignette.

Then once I'm home from camp, it's back to UFO's, likely to include this year's camp project....

No comments:

Post a Comment