Wednesday 2 August 2023

Still Here, and Waiting....

It has been a while since I posted. In the meantime, we went on a short holiday, worked on the Provincial Highland Games, traveled a bit locally with a friend, and tried to bring the household under control. We are about to have another short trip soon, then a visit with our children in late September, and if all goes well, we are having a serious holiday next March/April.

My garden corner is still waiting for an affordable 1/8" (3 mm) heart punch for the roses, and this is proving to be a very elusive quest indeed! No one in town sells punches any more except for our local Michaels, and they only seem to carry huge ones. There are scrap-booking places, but they don't carry punches. (I guess that hobby is dying out somewhat!), and I don't have any mini friends who do have the size I need.Yesterday I did find one on-line, for $15.98 Cdn, but with shipping and handling it came to close to $40 - I refuse to give in to the new commerce! I will keep looking. I'd even be happy to rent one for an hour or so, if I could find someone who had one....

There has been some good come of this, though, as I've tidied up a lot of my hobby supplies, and now I need to sort and get rid of any beads I'll never use.

Hope the sun is shining for you and that it is not too hot.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy. I hope you find that elusive heart punch. Prices are crazy, and it is best not to cave in to the high prices... Wish the sun was shining here! Not sure whether we will get a summer, or if we just had it for a few days in June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sunny today, but the weekend may be rainy. We are heading to the Atlantic Coast for a few days, which will likely mean fog. Welcome to the blog, Muriel.

      Delete
  2. Hi Marijke! Sounds like you are enjoying a busy but fun filled summer!
    Just thinking outside the box... Have you thought about trying to find heart shaped confetti? Rather than a punch, you may be able to find the right size and enough petals for a lifetime, plus at a reasonable price. If not, maybe Mary Kinloch would be willing to make you some laser cut sheets for a fair price. She can be found on Facebook.
    Good luck finding the solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of my problem, Jodi. The C-in-C ordered a punch of the right size, delivery late Aug.-early Sept. The size of the hearts is kind of critical; I'll wait patiently (or not) in the hope we've got the right size on order now....

      Delete