Friday 26 May 2023

Working Away....



 The garden corner has a floor and a back wall, as well as a dedicated potting bench. The topiary and flat of primroses are there to give a touch of colour....

Next up is the right side fence wall, which I intend to build out of skinny coffee stir sticks; I have quite a few of those, and they are the right size for the fence design I have in mind. Remember, the design which inspired me, used foam core strips for the fence; however, I'm changing some things out to suit my personal design vision.

So far, three pieces of foam core (the base is double) and several egg carton tops have been worked into the corner vignette, now comes a bit of wood. I'm trying once again to use odds and ends around the house for this scene; I used the Trash to Treasure vignette to show people at the recent miniature show that you don't need to spend loads of cash to make an appealing miniature; you do use quite a bit of paint, however! And glue. And time. But it's worth it, so far! And very affordable for doing minis with children, too.

While painting the back wall, I squeezed one of my paint bottles a little too vigorously; out plopped a clot of dried paint (it was chalk paint, it really doesn't store well, I've found), followed by a biggish blob of actual liquid paint. Let's just say it was quite a mess....



2 comments:

  1. Looking great, Marijke! I especially love the brick pattern you used on the floor, and the potting bench is a fun style with both the shelves and cubby on top. There's always an extra layer of pleasure from using up what's in our stash, and I'm excited to see the fence made from stir sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cobble pattern is one I saw laid (in a sand base) in my old home town in The Netherlands a few years ago. It was fun to do, and I like the effect. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete