Wednesday 3 May 2023

Well, At Least the Desert Garden is Done



 I'm very happy with the way this little dry garden turned out; all the plants in it are the kind that require only minimal water, so they are ideal for dry conditions. The colours work well together, and if I have the energy I may add a little morning glory to one of the fence posts once the show is over.

The display I tried to make for the wooden furnishings fell to pieces, because I was using cheap dollar store foam core; I'm not sure of the best way to display the almost weightless pieces, but perhaps a glass base will be the best one. And the niches in my wonderful printer's tray are too narrow for most of the plants I'd hoped to display and exhibit. I've literally run out of time. You can perhaps tell  that I'm not too happy with myself right now.

Pricing and packaging will take me much of tomorrow afternoon; in the morning I'm expected at two back-to-back work meetings. I will have a little time Friday morning, but I have to pick up my passenger in time for the two of us to get to the show location by 3 p.m. - the drive is about 2 hours. Friday afternoon and evening will be occupied with setting up for the show. I'm hoping to borrow some boxes from work to carry the display pieces we're supposed to bring.

We'll see. 

3 comments:

  1. Stunning, Marijke! When I zoom in on the photo I am amazed by the level of detail and realism to the real plants! I am so late but I hope the show and the displays went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did go well, and we're hoping there will be another show next spring. I found another garden corner today, on-line, that has inspired me....

      Delete