Wednesday 4 November 2020

Progress Report Wooden Shoe Factory

 I am still trying to do some minis between all the other things I am currently working on. Today marked one of our "live" mini get-togethers; once a month we meet up in person, pandemic conditions permitting. I brought the stairway wall to begin gluing on the rough planking.


Hallway wall planked from floor to ceiling, but not yet stained. I am using skinny craft sticks, as I want my wooden shoe factory to look old and used, and those sticks are quite rough, which is the effect I am trying for.

\

This shows the inside wall of the toilet under the stairs; everything in terms of partitions has to be made flat, as the working space is quite tight! The end wall will be whitewashed; right now, it has its seal coat on. The toilet box will be on the end wall. And the hall wall has been stained. There is going to be a dark area, with a small sink and faucet at the end, below the (invisible here) window. The door to the toilet opens out into the hallway, which will partly hide that sink and the duckboards on bricks under it. However, I will know it is there....


View from the other direction; the hallway side of the stair wall is being planked. This is a tedious job, as each stick has to be chamfered along the edges, and these darn sticks are skinny, too. Again, once they are in place, they will be stained. This area will have a light in it. I may have to put a candle on the toilet box, or hang a fake light bulb on a cord, with a pull-spring, for effect.

I have to have the toilet and sink in place, along with shelves and a tool holder, knobs for coats and other things, before the partitions can be glued and screwed in place, again due to the tightness of the stairs/toilet and the sink area. The back wall of the larger workshop will need to be finished, as well as the floors. I should be busy for a while yet!






2 comments:

  1. Hello Marijke, this looks very good. Gosh, I have been away a few months. I have quite some catching up to do on blogposts I have missed!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete