Follow by Email

Sunday, 6 September 2020

Window Blinds

I decided to add some window blinds, rolled up of course, to the two windows in the Loft Project. As well, I papered the two ceilings in the project. The photo below shows what I found to use;



The ceilings are an ogee-patterned, textured scrapbooking paper; two sheets were plenty to do both ceilings, make a mistake, and still have paper left over for some future small project. The paper was from Michael's. I also used odd stuff to create the blinds; a piece of wallpaper frieze, about 4" or 10 cm wide, that I had picked up from the freebie table at camp, thinking it might make good wainscoting for a witch or wizard scene. Combined with fringe (selvedge of a piece of natural cotton muslin), mini braid, gold embroidery cord, and a jump ring and tiny bit cut off a jewelry finding, all rolled onto a skewer, created the blind in the photo below;



I like it, as does the Carpenter-in-Chief! Tomorrow, I'll hang the blinds, and put hardware on the windows.

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I would never have known it was paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tendency with smaller projects is to treat them as theatre settings; if it looks good from the audience, it works. Thank you Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with sheila, if i didnt know better id think it was fabric too

    ReplyDelete