Saturday 22 February 2020

Still Working Away....



These items are finished, except for candles in the candlesticks (that will be a polymer clay workday), and the rope handles on the wood box. In my stash, I have another wall box that will also need candles, like the little blue candle box. And I think the candle box in my Tudor house has no candles left in it. The candle cups are small belt rivets, painted to match the wood they are on.

On the gluing jig right now is a colonial cradle, from an old kit - I hope everything fits together, the trial fit wasn't entirely encouraging! The fairy house planter is just about done, but I still have to paint the cat butt birdhouse. The garden trellis is done, painted in white chalk paint. The tray is now painted black, but I still have to do the design.

In the meantime, I have managed to sort and empty two boxes and a bag that have been sitting around for, well, years....

I am working on embroidery and knitting (full size, for now) upstairs in the mornings, and move to my work table to make wooden minis in the afternoon. If I can find my cyano-acrylate glue, I will start a "wicker" doll cradle, a partial kit that is missing its rockers, for my eventual toy shop. The rockers should be fairly straightforward, I hope! I also have a cat bed in wicker to do, as well as some pet accessories; these are intended for the steam punk loft which also needs finishing. Sigh! May I please have another eight hours each day?


2 comments:

  1. Marijke: If you had another 8 hours in each day you would really exhaust yourself! You would just fill up all those hours too! I wish I had your energy and commitment to "stay the course"! - Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent progress! You will leave for the show with a wonderful variety of mini treasures and come home with none of them! :O)

    ReplyDelete