Wednesday 25 May 2016

Prototypes for June Class, Part 2




Here is the bench prototype; the idea came from the Dutch miniature magazine, DollsHouse Nederland No. 67, although I adjusted the wood sizes to make the bench top wider, and reduced the size of the braces.


As the theme of the class is Pioneer Times, the bench is finished in Williamsburg Blue, with a finish coat of fine furniture beeswax. Other colours that I will offer include barn red and dark green, fairly typical of the period. The bench is lightly distressed to show wear on the legs, top and sides. Before painting this one, I stained the wood in a cherry colour. This prototype will eventually go into my lamp base vignette that displays my miniature pewter collection; I have several other vintage country pieces in this lovely grey-blue.


Tomorrow is my working day, but I hope to get another prototype done before I finish for the day.
Thanks for dropping by my blog!


1 comment:

  1. Your new bench is lovely and the pot of daisies looks like they belong there! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete