When the show was over, I got into a lot of other stuff that had been waiting for the show to be over....
Anyways, I have started another miniature carpet, a 16th century Holbein, designed by Felicity Price,
although I am changing the colours she suggested. I like my carpets to be somewhat darker in colour, as dark carpets are what I grew up with; you know, dark blue, maroon, cream, brown, that sort of things.
The piece is being worked on 22 ct. canvas with a mix of Anchor and DMC threads. It will take time, as the pattern is quite busy and I have to figure out the least bulky way to carry threads over along the back of the rug. One of the reasons I started to use cotton floss for rugs is that the "hair" on even fine wool thread is far too bulky for miniatures. This is the first embroidery I have attempted since getting my task-specific glasses last December, and they seem to be doing the job they were meant to.
I am also in the process of producing kits and prototypes for another Artists Who Care workshop; this one is a 2-parter, with me doing part 1 in June and Marilyn of Charminis doing part 2 in November.
The end products is intended to be a corner vignette with a local pioneer theme. I'll keep you posted....
Spring is finally here, the trees are leafing out, and I have flowers out; that means I also have to make time to take the leaf mulch off all the flowerbeds, one of my least favourite jobs as the leaves are slimy and disintegrating and often hide anthills and slugs and other creepy-crawlies. I have 3 varieties of William and Mary (pulmonaria) that are sending out areas of colour, as well as primroses, daffodils and tulips. The rhubarb is about a week from being ready to begin eating.
In the meantime, I do part 2 of a 2-part quilt course on Friday, so my time has to be divided up rather carefully, right now. Enjoy the spring!
Just noticed that there are spaces that I didn't put in, and I can't figure out how to get rid of them!