Tuesday 5 April 2016

See You in a Couple of Weeks!

Tomorrow I am off to Europe for a visit with my older daughter to the places I grew up in. We head for Amsterdam and immediately take a train to Germany. After a weekend there, we will be driven to the city I called home for the first 11 years of my life, Maastricht.


My daughter and I will explore the city, and I've even found some new sights I have vague memories of, that I can now visit again. After a week there, we leave for Amsterdam, to play tourist there and see if we can find the house I was born in - unlikely, after so many years, but a quest nonetheless!


No minis on this trip, as far as I know, just a chance to travel around with Lady Iolanthe (who leaves comments on this blog), who lives in the same country as I do, but is actually further away than Europe.
Canada is incredibly large....

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip, Marijke. We'll hold the fort down here and anxiously wait for you and your prodigious talent to return. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a Wonderful trip abroad as you try to re-connect with your childhood. This sounds like it will be a special journey for you, so I wish you a safe one there and a safe one back home again. :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete