Monday 30 October 2023

It's Too Soon!


My Front Garden/Apple Orchard

This just plain isn't fair! It was 24 degrees Celsius on Saturday, but 5 degrees on Sunday, and this is what arrived in the course of today, Monday. Yes, those are nasturtiums under the snow at the right. There are also still sweet peas blooming, but likely not for much longer!

Fortunately, this was forecast, but we try to be hopeful; it didn't work this time. The snow tires went on my car yesterday, just in case, and the snow scraper/brush was already in my car. It'll be cold for the children tomorrow for Hallowe'en. Six months of this stuff is not something I look forward to....
 

2 comments:

  1. This is indeed rich. let's hope the snow and cold are very temporary and go away soon to return later in the autumn.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marijke! I admire your grit to bear with the snow each year! I'd whine from the first dusting until I could leave my back door open for the dogs again. I'll send early spring thoughts your way!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete