Thursday 23 February 2023

Two More Desert Plants

 


At the right back, we have a Black-Eyed Susan  plant, complete with seed heads and opening buds; this one took 3 days to glue the wires in shape; if I ever do it again, I'll use fuse wire and treat it like a very miniature tree! At its foot is a Queen Anne's Lace plant; it is a bit hard to see, as it is white and like a lot of desert plants, has gray-ish foliage. It might be more apparent if you enlarge the photo.

For the next couple of days, I'm pulling out a crochet piece for a friend who wants to turn it into a scarf; as there is alpaca in the yarn, it tends to get itself stuck, requiring the use of a fine pair of scissors to cut the one tiny offending fibre. One ball down, two or three more to go. I also did a little embroidery on a table centre I started about 2 years ago, which I want to finish in time for Easter. Both those tasks are a little kinder on my newly operated eye than minis....

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful collection of plants - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marijke, the mini plants miltiply in yur capable hands. Indeed do not strain the operated eye too much. Do easy tasks. mini time will come back soon enough.:-)

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete