Monday 8 August 2022

What I'm - Very Slowly - Working On

 My camera has been fixed, and I can use it again. It was actually fixed for me by a very nice young lady in, of all things, a record store! The mall directory implied they also dealt with cameras, but I was informed that the mall lumps records, videos and cameras together, for some reason.


  

This is a very old, laser-cut kit that was won as a door prize at either the Camden or the Boothbay Harbor, both in Maine, miniature shows, at least twenty or more years ago. It has taken me a while to get up the courage to assemble it, and at this point, I'm not sure who in the family actually won it. Anyway, I hope I can use it in my Japanese Garden room box once it is done.


This is as far as I have gotten; the instructions tell me I must be sure things are dry before I go on to the next step, and with our busy summer so far, I've got half the roof on the first level. I need to decide if I am going to put old newspaper and gravel in the bottom, and that has to be done before the next level goes on. I'd also like to put a bird on the perch, which goes right across the cage, and I'd like both the bird and the newspaper to be Japanese, to fit with the room box's theme.


There are a lot of very fragile pieces in this fabulous kit, and I have to fight the cat constantly to protect the bits that I've already glued! Another (one-day) trip is supposed to happen mid-week, so I hope to do the newspaper and gravel by the weekend, leaving me time to make the bird before our next very welcome visitor arrives, next weekend, for a 3-week visit. Stay tuned!





4 comments:

  1. It's great to have you back and to hear the good news about the camera! The bird cage is so neat, and leave it to you to make sure the details, like the Japanese newspaper and bird, are correct! Have fun with the project and with the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birdcage is progressing quite nicely and makes a lovely summertime project AND I'm glad to hear that your camera is up and running again- truly a miniaturists best friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, taking a photo of a mini is excellent for telling one whether one has succeeded!

      Delete
  3. Get back with Ex... ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


    Fix broken relationship/marriage..........


    His result is 100% guaranteed.


    Try him and he won't fail you.


    (R.buckler11)gmail........com,,


    ReplyDelete