Wednesday 26 January 2022

And Back to the Christmas Market Stall


 

Today I was finally able to wire up the lights of the market stall to my satisfaction, and this afternoon in our virtual meeting, I was able to mount some of the stock onto acetate bases, which will eventually be glued into place.

I remembered that I had a box of Christmas items suitable for miniatures sitting somewhere, so I found it and one of the results is the little Christmas creche on the counter shelf; the floor and the back are pieces of tongue depressor, reinforced with a card hinge on the back. On to that I glued a tiny Baby in the manger, and an equally tiny Mary next to that. There is also a sequin star, with gold wire rays, which is not so visible here; it may be enlarged for better viewing, I hope! There is also some "straw" here and there on the base, made from tiny snippets of fine raffia. I do like the way it turned out.

In the box I found some other items I'm now working on, including a half dozen gift bags, which need a crate to sit in. That is on my list. As well, I intend to make some shallow crates or boxes to hold loose Christmas tree decorations. 

The lighting consists of two strings of dollar store Christmas lights, one around the opening and one around the perimeter of the setting. It took three tries to get the opening swag arranged to my satisfaction, as I didn't want clusters of lights and large bare spots. It also wore out two swags of plastic holly leaves - I've left trails of them all around the house, they're very staticky - and am not sure if I will ever use those leaves again; they were so very fragile!

All in all, I am happy that I can now work on filling my little market stall with merchandise....,.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Marijke,

    The stall looks lovely and festive with these lights. I love the little creche! It is sweet.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete